Friday, September 10, 2010

Say A Prayer

We were gathered around the living room for bedtime prayers tonight. She splayed herself over the arm of the sofa, raised jammies revealing belly button. She is not the cross-legged kind with hands folded, head bowed, but she has a personal relationship with her Creator and I'm not always concerned about her posture. She's sincere in her prayers and very thoughtful; in fact, I think she concentrates better when she's comfortably strewn. I learn from her communication with the Holy One and tonight went something like this.
Dear Lord, thank You for this day. Thank You for all the good things that we got to do. Please help me to eat better and to be a better speller. And Lord, I know it's possible to make me taller than Meghan when I grow up because Auntie Hilary is taller than Mommy. Could You please make sure this happens? In Jesus' Name, Amen.
As our children grow in their prayer lives and learn to worship with supplication, I believe there's room for their heart's desire. Thankfully, we have a God who sympathizes with us... even when we're short :)

5 comments:

sydney ellen said...

That's so cute! And I love this pic!

Unknown said...

Love her prayer...How precious...

Here is a link to hear that song you liked the lyrics of on my post..
I think it will become a favorite..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCfyZHSQbE

Have a great weekend..
Cya soon

Anna said...

Now, that's from the heart for sure! Too cute.
Anna

Craig and Bethany said...

Ok, another best in this day. LOVE your prayer, little one!

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I had a similar prayer when I was that age. My mom had just told me that I would be lucky to make 5 feet. As I cried that night, my dad tenderly urged me to bring it to God. It seems silly now, but I'm the exact height that we prayed I would be... Of course, I don't care now, but I never cease to marvel how God heard my tender little prayer and answer something so minor.

I love how God loves us, no matter what posture we take when talking to Him. He just wants us to come!!!!