Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Stubborn Heart


Oh, the anguish and struggle I can put myself through, spiraling, spiraling ever downward. Wondering, waiting, wringing my hands and searching for meaning in it all. Why do I create such chaos from circumstance? Why do I wallow when it's the wallowing that hurts? I stand on the shore, blocked by a barricade of rocks, staring out at the freedom that could be mine--simply by trusting. Such a stubborn heart I have... it has not helped me yet. Why lean on it now?
But, He calls to me.

Hear O My people, and I will admonish you! O Israel, if you will listen to Me! ...I am the Lord your God... open your mouth wide and I will fill it. But My people would not heed My voice, and Israel would have none of Me. So I gave them over to their stubborn heart, to walk in their own counsels. Oh, that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! I would soon subdue their enemies, and turn My hand against their adversaries. Psalm 81:8-16

Oh God, help me to read and LISTEN! Don't give me over to my stubborn heart. I want to walk in YOUR counsel, not my own. I get nowhere on my own. You offer peace, joy and all good things. I want YOUR way. I CHOOSE it today.

5 comments:

Traci Michele said...

amen!

Camille said...

That's right Heather...continue on in HIS path and look to HIM and HIS Word! HE will deliver you!

With Love to you today.
In Him,
Camille

sydney ellen said...

What as thought-provoking post! Thank you for sharing this today, I needed to hear this.

Sydney <><

Tightwad In Training said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I have a stubborn heart and instead of listening to God's guidance, I often rely on my own...only to find myself in trouble down the road.

I hope you will have a fabulously great Jesus filled weekend!

Much love,

Oxana

Craig and Bethany said...

Me too!!

And how often humiliation leads to humility. If only I would choose humility first.