Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sibling Revelry

A pinch, a shove, a little squealing of my name and I'm back to one of my most frequent jobs--Refereeing. Sibling rivalry? Well, yes, we have some of that. Doesn't everyone? I whole-heartedly believe though, that this doesn't have to exist. I haven't quite figured out how to completely abolish it yet but I'm working on it. My most often used statement is, "Don't forget, we're on the same team!"
The wonderful thing about homeschooling is that even though I may witness more arguments than some, I get to watch the most beautiful relationships blossoming before my eyes. These little ones of mine are learning to share out of necessity, to teach each other new skills and to love each other deeply. It makes it all worthwhile when I peek around the corner at Meghan reading to her siblings or Molly making a sandwich for her baby brother or Emily helping someone clean their room. I've heard this called Sibling Revelry and with God's help, this is what our team is aiming for--daily.

No comments: