Monday, May 17, 2010

The Falls, Family and Fun

I am rich with His blessings. I give all the praise to my Heavenly Father for the over-abundance of gifts in my life...


321. grateful for a five year-old daughter who is taking initiative to tidy without being asked


322. for a new lens for Mother's Day


323. for my entrepreneurial Mom


324. for music that soothes a weary soul--truly a gift from Him (especially when it's about Him)


325. for spirit renewal


326. for a son who keeps us "in stitches" :)


327. for a daughter who surprises and amazes us with her memory


328. for connections with girlhood friends


329. for the fragrance of our blossoms


330. for the smell of a new book (sniffing over and over today... am I weird?)


331. for new recipes from dear friends who try them out first :)


332. for other tidbits of inspiration from various friends in various ways (so many wonderful women gracing my life with their beauty and strength)


333. for the loud construction that quakes my home daily... grateful because the new subdivision will bring our nursery even more business


334. for freshly folded clothes in the drawers... right in the drawers (a rare thing of beauty)


335. for my waffle maker


336. for the inspiration to sew again


337. for knowing I can live for a month without a fully functioning oven and no microwave!


338. for seeing the plans God gave to my husband coming to fruition


339. for the breeze floating in through my curtains as I type this


340. for Camille, Sandee, Bethany, Anna, Kathy, Meghan, JoAnn, Heather, Sydney, and others who are ever-faithful encouragers to me (no pressure-ha ha!)


341. for an amazing family day at Niagara Falls this past weekend


342. for my two boys and their love for golf (every object becomes a club or ball)


343. for my photographer daughter who is capturing more and more real moments (like this laugh shared between her Mom and Dad)


344. for having one of Canada's wonders within an hour of home (a remarkable, fascinating part of Creation)

holy experience

8 comments:

Anna said...

That's a huge list!! Love it! There's so much to be thankful for, that's for sure (even when we don't always feel like there is).
Anna

Donna said...

Heather, your daughter's photographic skills are showing! You have lovely picture memories and words of the Falls, family, and fun. In joy...

Camille said...

LOL! This is something my hubby can relate to!! Maybe he is weird too? :) 330. for the smell of a new book (sniffing over and over today... am I weird?)

AND...how wonderful that you have a new lens for your camera! What did you get?? I think the first on my wish list is a telephoto...but I do think a macro would be fabulous too! :)

The shot of you and your hubby laughing is great...how precious that your Meghan has caught the "bug" and is talented! :)

I cannot believe I made it into your thankfulness journal!! You made my day! :)

With Love,
Camille

Unknown said...

I sniff books too.
I like old ones best though...

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

WOW on your daughter's photography skills. The picture of you and your husband is priceless.

And I'm curious about what kind of lense you got? Have fun with it! :)

And I'm totally with you on new book smell. I recently walked into a Christian bookstore and it just has a certain smell. It brought me right back to my childhood memories and I just sat there at the entrance smelling. (You are not the only weird one!)

Thanks for sharing your list!

Mouse and Magoo said...

There is a lot of things that we can be thankful for!
Especially you!

Have a great day.
Meghan

Craig and Bethany said...

Oh, I just love your list. After a long discouraging day, I am lifted up. You are such a blessing.

I totally smell books too.

And I love the pictures on your blog, yours and your daughters. What a fun thing to share. My mom is an artist and taught me to love art growing up. It's still something we share.

Thanks again for the list.

sydney ellen said...

Love the smell of books!!!