Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Living Pentecost


How they can go un-missed--these celebrations. And this one, Pentecost, represents the very giving of His Holy Spirit, the One whom we could not live without. Yes, we do life. We go it alone and are sometimes even successful, but what if... what IF that day a couple thousand years ago had not taken place? What if the "Upper Room" had never occurred? What if His Spirit was only for the disciples and not for us, the future followers? Conviction that leads to beautiful change, comfort that leads to beautiful healing, and teaching that leads to beautiful wisdom are all occupations of the Holy Spirit. Let me tell you, change, healing and wisdom are the lifeblood of Christians. How could we function, live triumphantly, walk obediently, and draw others toward the Father without the third person of the Trinity? Praise God for giving His Spirit and not leaving us alone when His Son returned to His right hand. And so I want to celebrate and live Pentecost and pray for strength to walk in the Spirit day by day.

holy experience

6 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

YES! My mom and I were just talking about how we sometimes totally forget the Holy Spirit. He seems invisible and yet is right there inside of us. I want to celebrate and live Pentecost too.

Amy Smith said...

I am right there with you. My prayers resound with the same thoughts. Neat post. :)

Camille said...

Oh what a horrible thought! No Holy Spirit WITH us?? What a GREAT blessing the LORD did not leave us comfortless...we have HIM throughout all of life if we are HIS...how PRECIOUS!! Such a beautiful post Heather!

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Camille

Tightwad In Training said...

Amen! :)

Southern Reflexions said...

What a fabulous blog...I found you through Tightwad in Training, and I love it...You have such a beautiful family!! I look forward to more inspiration from your blog!! :-D

~ Marlie

http://southernloves.blogspot.com/

Kathy Schwanke said...

Praising Him with you! ~and did I mention that I love your blog? ;)