Saturday, May 22, 2010

Leap Chicken

Most of us played Leap Frog when we were young. I can remember making my sisters raise their crouched bodies higher and higher as I challenged myself to jump over them. My son decided to do something similar--but with my sister's hens. She had just let them out of the barn into the yard and Oliver was overjoyed that they were so docile. He carried them around and placed them in the grass and jumped over them! He giggled and chased those poor hens with one of their own feathers. I asked him what he was doing with the feather and he responded plainly, "I'm trying to put it back on!" He also tried to brush the chicken's "teeth" with the feather. Perhaps some farm animal information books would come in handy for the boy.

4 comments:

Mouse and Magoo said...

Ha, ha!
I can't get enough of this post (:

The Carmodys said...

Oh, I love those pics. He's in his glory with that chicken . . . who doesn't seem to mind one bit! So cute!

k

Unknown said...

what a sweet little chicken!!
I had a chicken of that particular breed...but it was actually a rooster in disguise.
I gave him back to my mother, who lives on a farm and is used to being roused at 5 a.m. by lusty crows.
And that, in a nutshell, is my chicken story.

Anna said...

Too cute. I love the pictures of him carrying the chicken and leaping over it (alost looks like he's going to sit on it)! Very cute.
Anna