Friday, May 28, 2010

Rainbow Pants and Flying

She searches the dirty laundry basket and finds them wrinkled and stinky at the bottom. She pulls them out and slips them on anyway. She doesn't go many days without wearing her rainbow-striped pants. Sometimes her "fluffy skirt" goes on top, sometimes, it's another item but by any measure, it's always those pants. Dressing up helps her to fly, she says. Flying has been a great desire of hers since she was three. Two years of attempting various ways of accomplishing this have left "Rainbow Girl" a little frustrated. Nevertheless, on rainy or sunny days, it's always those pants.

6 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

Oh, I LOVE the rainbow pants. I had pink striped overalls when I was young enough to fly. They made me fresh as a spring garden. If I'd know about rainbow pants I think I'd have never gone back to the pink stripes. Oh, and I LOVE the magenta hair flower too.

What a lovely post. I think I should go back to flying. :)

Tiffany said...

She is a SWEETHEART!!!
Love her little pants too! :]

Thanks for the nice comment over at my blog!

Unknown said...

Adorwable in her smelly rainbow striped pants.
Awww. I love it.
Nice stone wall thing too. you find the best locations for your pictures.

Camille said...

So sweet! *LOVE* the pictures! :)
Have a wonderful LORD's Day tomorrow!

Love,
Camille

Tightwad In Training said...

Your daughter is so precious!!!

I am loving the wings! :)

Mouse and Magoo said...

What a pretty girl!