Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wanna-Be Ranchers

They scale the fence often and reach way over to offer dandelions, cut grass, mud, dead leaves, whatever they can find to entice the beauties over. They've always thought these majestic animals are ours since they're practically on our property. Truth be told, we're just Wanna-Be Ranchers. We let the neighbours (the real owners... shhh) take care of the horses and do all the dirty work. We just enjoy their whinnying through the open window and that nostalgic scent that only Wanna-Be Ranchers could love.
I sense a Horse-Girl in the making. Emily has no fear and eagerly feeds and pets these huge, not-always-so-gentle beasts. Meghan has already followed in my footsteps and asked for riding lessons. We give thanks for country life in the city, when we feel like we're really ranchers.

3 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

What a BLESSING!

Unknown said...

Ah yes. I have a horse. It lives at my mother's house, where she feeds and cares for it.
I come over to pet it and sometimes, if the weather is right, I ride it.

sydney ellen said...

Our Great-Grandma, who lives in SK, has a horse named Cindy! She's really old, though. But still beautiful.