Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Somebody's Praying You Through


It seems these days that my prayers for God's people are focused on the head. Tumors, aneurysms, migraines, and depression abound in the Body of Christ. Why is this? I believe there is an attack from the enemy on Christians, specifically to render them powerless to fulfill their purpose and to live victoriously. It frustrates me incredibly. However, we can overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony! (Rev. 12:11) He already has been overcome by Jesus' resurrection. What a comfort to know that we will all be free one day. Whether the Lord allows complete healing in this life or the next (heaven), we are promised this freedom. Until that time, I will continue to pray steadfastly for my brothers and sisters and bear their burdens so that we all may be healed.
One thing I know for sure is that God does not want to watch His people suffer. He desires that we bond together and lift one another up in prayer. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous person avails much, we are told in His Word, so let's believe it! We may not feel too righteous but we are righteous in Christ! There is power in the name of Jesus and we often leave the option of prayer as the last resort when we've tried all other solutions. Prayer is powerful because our God is bigger than any problem. He waits patiently until we figure this out! What a waste of time when we don't fast and pray fervently as a Body of Believers. It saddens me to think of all the areas we could have had victory if we had only taken them to the cross first!
Will you join with me today in lifting up our broken, suffering, fellow Christians? Perhaps you're one of them. Include yourself in the circle, taking comfort in the fact that you are part of a vast army of soldiers--warriors on their knees for YOU and our fellow fallen, hurting comrades. It seems I'm always whispering prayers throughout the day but am I making an effort to be in my "prayer closet", prostrate before the One Who spoke a word and the world came into existence? That's power! Let's call upon that power for our friends today.

Please click on the link to hear how Somebody's Praying You Through...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHesrNLxQvs&feature=related


holy experience

5 comments:

Anna said...

There is power in prayer and miracles happen through prayer. Thanks for being such a prayer warrior!
Anna

Unknown said...

prayer is so wonderful. Because it's soooo powerful.
I've noticed the "head" attacks too, but our God is stronger.
Thank you for encouraging us all.

The Carmodys said...

Amen Heather! Thank you for this post.

k

Mouse and Magoo said...

This is a great song.
It's even MORE great singing it in our vihicle with my siblings!!

Craig and Bethany said...

YES! I too have noticed the attack. I love the reminder to FIGHT together our common enemy. Sometimes it's easy to forget there is a WAR on.