Monday, May 24, 2010

Molly Turns Eight

Molly Magoo, you're our sweet ball of energy. Your sad mood can be turned around with a tickle or a joke. You are open and real and live out loud. Everyone loves your happy personality. People are drawn to you and I think it's because you radiate sunshine and SONshine. I can't believe you've been mine for eight whole years! It seems like yesterday when the doctor handed me this gorgeous little one, whom I already adored. Here you are now, loving beaded jewelry, ice cream, painting, picnics, and biking. I can't wait to see the young woman you'll become but at the same time, I want you to remain little for as long as possible. I can still scoop you up into a small package in my arms.
You are full of compassion and are quick to say, "sorry" and "I love you". Can I even express my love for you, my tiny dolly? I'm not sure. Words are not enough and yet, I will try to tell you everyday. My prayer for you is that you walk with Jesus all the days of your life and that you draw others to Him through your dynamic gift of friendliness. May the Lord richly bless you on your eighth birthday!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Birthday Molly! How much fun you would have with my Emma...you sound so simliar! What a beautiful tribute to your little lady Heather! I was just thinking this morning the same things about my eight year old...how wonderful to still be able to scoop her up into a bundle in my arms. It won't be that way for long! Oh that we would cherish these precious days!!

Wonderful pictures! :)
Blessings,
Camille

Southern Reflexions said...

WONDERFUL pictures!! :-D

Anna said...

Happy Birthday, Molly! Hope you had a great day! 8 already!!?? Wow, it probably doesn't seem real, eh. Nicole still tells people (by accident) that she's still 7. Congratulations!
Love,
Mrs.Vos